Re: [Emerald] SQL licenses error / Emerald missing Start and Stop

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:34:28 -0800

Matt Nelson wrote:

> I noticed in my logs last night that I am getting this event in the
> application log:
>
> "The product Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 is out of licenses. Use License
> Manager from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which
> users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased."
>
> I appear to have been getting this error several times a day for several
> months. (I have many other machines I administer, so I usually don't check
> the logs unless something is amiss. I also get the same error for SQL 6.5,
> but I am not even using 6.5. This is the NT server computer that I have
> Emerald and SQL 7 on, and nothing else. I have 5 licenses. I have noticed
> that Emerald has been doing a very poor job lately of missing calls going
> on and off, thus having users who can either get on twice or not get on at
> all. That's why I checked the logs in the first place.
>
> Perhaps this is two separate problems, I don't know. Emerald has been
> doing a great job up until the last few weeks, then it starting missing
> stop and start records.

Is your SQL Server configured for per client or concurrent connections?
Go into the license manager and tell it how many SQL Server licenses
you have, and make sure its in the right mode.