Re: [Emerald] Calls table entries

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:48:21 -0800

Josh Hillman wrote:

> > > Why are the following columns in the Calls table always null?:
> > > AccountID
> > > ConnectInfo (null because it doesn't relate to Ascend??)
> > > ServerID
> > > Status (what is Status for?)
> >
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> > ConnectInfo is populated by the NAS. Ascend uses a proprietary
> > attribute for this.
>
> Do you know what it is off-hand? If it's of any significant value, I guess
> I can go into RadAttributes and change the name associated with the ID, like
> I did with AscendDisconnectCause and AcctTerminateCause.

With Ascend, there are two:

ATTRIBUTE Ascend-Data-Rate 197 integer
ATTRIBUTE Ascend-Xmit-Rate 255 integer

The probem is that both are int, and Connect-Info is a string.
Therefore, you can't simply rename it, or you'll get an insert
erorr.

> > AccountID, ServerID, and Status are used for consolidation/usage
> > billing. AccountID/ServerID are updates either with the two
> > stored procs (UpdateCalls_ServerID and UpdateCalls_AccountID) or
> > the updtcall.sql script. Status is changed from NULL after that
> > record has been processed.
>
> We don't do consolidation or anything (never had a need for it), so if we're
> not doing that kind of billing, then I suppose I can leave these alone.

Consolidation isn't just a billing thing. It summarizes usage and
puts entries in the Callhistory table so that you can see historical
usage for the customer.