Re: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5 Invoices

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:48:31 -0500

> Josh Hillman wrote:
> >
> > I finally got our CCEmail.rpt and CCReject.rpt files (CR 6) displaying
> > correctly in email for the most part. At the moment, the only problem
I'm

From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> If you check your ExternalTrans table, is the response lines filled in?

Yes--I should have mentioned this in my original message.
Some of the older responses where chopped off at 12 characters until I
changed the column size to 20.

select distinct Response from externaltrans
Response
--------------------
NULL
DECLINE
ERROR 009
EXPIRED CA
EXPIRED CARD
CARD NO. ER
CHECK DIGIT
Authorized

> If you make a formula in CR with two strings, and one is NULL, the
> string
> will be blank. I've ran into problems like that before.

I had made the same guess on this with my original version of the report,
which had a formula that added (Response+' '+PS2000). After seeing nothing
show up, I wiped it out and replaced it with nothing more than Response.
Unfortunately, that had no effect. I don't get it... It's picking up other
data from the same table. The only thing I can think of is related to the
NULL issue in this way:
Are the email receipts being generated BEFORE the rows in ExternalTrans are
being updated (Response, etc.)? If this is the case, then there's no way to
display the Response, because at the time of receipt-creation, the value is
still NULL, hence the blank output on the receipt. If this is true, then
the reason my ReqDate always has a date is because that date is created when
the row INSERT takes place, so there's a date already in there by the time
the receipts are generated. I don't think any of my dates are being updated
when "batch in" is run, so I'm not sure about this (date comparison with
what shows up in the receipts). If ProcDate is updated in some way at the
time of "batch in" then I suppose that would have a fairly accurate
date/time of when (PC Authorize in my case) ran the transactions, BUT as you
noted in a previous message, Emerald 2.5.322 has a problem with ProcDate and
PC Authorize (all ProcDate = 1/1/1900).

> Sometimes
> setting the report option "convert NULL to default" helps display those
> strubborn fields, based on what your DEFAULT is.

I had forgotten about this, but if my assumptions in timing are right, then
Response will always be NULL if the receipts are created before the rows are
updated.

Are receipts (success vs. failure) dependent on the data coming in from the
imported text file or are they dependent on the data in ExternalTrans?

Josh